-->

STEAMED WHOLE ROCK FISH


It has been a long time since I’ve shared a recipe. The reason is that I have been recovering from a bout of illness. When I was ill, I had no appetite and was just eating crackers and dry toast. When I was feeling much better, there were some dishes that I was craving for. One of them was this steamed whole rock fish dish.
I remember my mother-in law cooking this dish for me every time I gave birth to one of my kids. I remember her telling me that rock fish will help me get my strength back quickly. I also remember her cooking fried quails, which she said is also good for women who’ve just given birth. I bought a new steamer, so it was the perfect time to steam this whole fish.


I bought the fish from my local Asian supermarket. I was glad that they cleaned the fish for me. All I had to do was rinse the fish and season it with salt. Then, I steamed the fish for 25 minutes. I microwaved the sauce and poured it over the steamed fish. The fish came out just perfect! It was tender and the sauce was the perfect compliment.


Steamed Whole Rock Fish

Prep Time
5 mins
Cook Time
25 mins
Total Time
30 mins


Course: Main Course
Servings: 4 servings
Calories: 179 kcal



Ingredients
1 fresh whole rock fish, about 1.44 lbs (.656 kg)
3 stalks green onions, julienned
1- inch fresh ginger, peeled and julienned
Kosher salt
Sauce
3 tbsp mirin
2 tbsp less sodium soy sauce or 1 tbsp regular soy sauce
½ tsp sesame oil



Instructions

Clean and rinse the fish. Pat the fish dry with paper towels and then season with salt.
Place the seasoned fish on a glass dish that would fit in your steamer. Spread the green onions and ginger over the fish.
Place the dish in the steamer and steam the fish until fish flakes easily with a fork, about 20 to 25 minutes. Gently transfer the cooked fish (minus the accumulated juices) on a platter.
In a small microwavable bowl, whisk together the mirin, soy sauce and sesame oil. Microwave on high heat for 20 second. Pour the sauce over the steamed fish.

Garnished the steamed fish with julienned green onions and ginger. Serve with rice on the side.
Recipe Notes

Note: If there’s no available microwave, combine the mirin, soy sauce and sesame oil in a small sauce pan. Bring to a boil and then pour over the fish.


Iklan Atas Artikel

Iklan Tengah Artikel 1

Iklan Tengah Artikel 2

Iklan Bawah Artikel